12/4/12

Yves V & Felguk - WOW (PRFFTT & Svyable Vocal Edit)

Yves V & Felguk - WOW (PRFFTT & Svyable Vocal Edit)
At first listen, the minute I heard Katy Perry sing, I immediately tossed the headphones aside... before thinking "I'll give it a shot... it probably isn't that bad." Knowing her reputation of having music that isn't friendly to the "pure ear" crowd, It would be a wise move to just ignore anything she produces... However, this time... it's not the case. Yves V & Felguk's WOW originally does not feature the lyrics of Katy Perry's Part Of Me, but due to the increasingly fantastic skill of mix duo, PRFFTT & Svyable (Pronounced Profit & Svi-a-ble), the song has been filled with a bit more deeper meaning... apart from the amazing instrumental. This is one of the very few times you'll find deep meaning in a song that you can fully apply to your life as a christian with ease. Katy's ringing chorus echoes something similar to Trip Lee's I'm Good ft. Lecrae. A sort of "You can beat me, mock me, slander my name, but you will never put a crack in my soul" attitude. For the christian, we can easily understand why. This, I think, is one of the most modivational ideas in christianity, that we will never be beat as long as we stay with God. This message laced in with the fantastic work of Yves V & Felguk creates something fantastic. You would do well to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts